суботу, 26 грудня 2015 р.

Nativity play

The Story of Baby Jesus
(by Khrystyna Bilous)

Cast: Narrator, Angel, Mary, Joseph, Angel 1, Angel 2, Hotel Owner, Shepherd 1, Shepherd 2, King Herod, Wise man 1, Wise man 2, Wise man 3.
Part I
Narrator: About two thousand years ago, in the town of  Nazareth, there lived a young woman named Mary. She was engaged to be married to Joseph, a carpenter. One day an angel appeared before her.
Angel:  Mary, you are favored by God, and he is with you everywhere you go.
Mary:  What do you want? 
Angel:  Please do not be afraid.
Mary:  Why are you visiting me?
Angel:  God has sent me.  You will have a baby boy, and are to give him the name Jesus.
Mary:  I'm confused.  I'm not married how can I have a baby?
Angel:  The Holy Spirit will perform a miracle, and your baby will be called the Son of God.
Mary:  How can I believe, what you are saying?
Angel 1:  I have more exciting news.  Even your cousin Elizabeth is going to have a son  
Mary:  But she can't have any children.
Angel 1:  She is already pregnant. Nothing is impossible with God.
Mary:  I don't know what to say.
Angel 1:  It's ok Mary.
Mary:  I am the Lord's servant, and I hope everything that you are saying will come true.
Narrator: Soon after the Angel’s visit, Mary and Joseph were married.
Mary:  Joseph, what is wrong?
Joseph:  I'm very happy you are going to have a baby.
Mary:  Why yes I am.  Isn't it wonderful?
Joseph:  Yes of course, but we must go to Bethlehem, to pay a tax.
Part II
Narrator: Mary was due to have her baby when they were told they had to go on a long journey to Bethlehem. Mary had to ride on a donkey for a few days over the hills of Galilee. At last Mary and Joseph arrived to Bethlehem. It was crowded with other people who needed to pay their taxes.
Mary:  Joseph, I'm very tired, We need to find somewhere to stay. (sounds tired)
Joseph:  Ok my love.
(At a Hotel, Joseph knocks on the door and a man opens the door)
Hotel Owner:  What do you want?
Joseph:  May we have a room?  Please!
Hotel Owner:  We are full, Go away! (angrily)
Narrator: At each inn the story was the same.
Joseph:  My wife Mary is very tired. Surely you have some place where she can rest.
Hotel Owner:  I have a barn next to my place, it has animals in it. It is warm, and there is plenty of straw to lie on.
Mary and Joseph:  Thank you for a place to lie down.
Part III
Narrator: And so it was that a few hours later, Mary gave birth to her son in a stable.
Mary:  Joseph, I'm having my baby!
Joseph:  It's a boy my love, His name will be Jesus!
Mary:  My baby, the creator of the whole world, the King of Kings, the one who will save the world.
Narrator: She wrapped Jesus in strips of cloth and laid him in a manger full of hay.
(Baby wrapped in cloths.  Mary and Joseph soon fell asleep.)
Part IV
Narrator: At the same time, on a hillside overlooking Bethlehem, some shepherds were watching over their sheep. A bright light appeared in the sky.
Shepherd 1:  Look everyone, look at that!
Shepherd 2:  What is it?
Shepherd 1:  I don't know!
Shepherd 2:  It's an Angel!
Shepherd 1:  Not just one Angel, many Angels!
Angel 1:  Don't be afraid! (with her arms opened wide)
Angel 2:  We are here to bring you good news for all the people.
Angel 1:  Tonight in Bethlehem a baby has been born.
Angel 2:  He is the one that will save the world.
Angel 1:  You will know this baby because He will be wrapped in cloths, and laying in a manger.
Angel 2:  Glory to God, and peace to all people here on earth.
(After they spoke, they float away.  The shepherds were amazed and excited) 
Shepherd 1:  Does everyone know this news?
Shepherd 2:  I think it's just us.
Shepherd 1:  We must tell everyone about this baby.
Shepherd 2:  We must go to see this baby that the angels are talking about.
Part V
Narrator: When they arrived at the stable, they were filled with joy at seeing Jesus lying in the manger. They knelt down and worshipped him.
Shepherd 1:  This is the baby that the Angels were talking about.
Shepherd 2:  The King of kings has been born. (shouting)
Shepherd 1:  Yes.  The King of Kings the one who will save us.
Joseph:  Please be quiet my friends, My wife needs to sleep.
Shepherd 2:  Now we must tell everyone.
(As soon as they left they began shouting in the streets)
Joseph:  Now sleep my love as we have a big day ahead of us.
Mary:  Yes, my love.   But I cannot sleep knowing how important our baby is.
Part VI
Narrator: Far away in the East, Wise Men saw a new star shining high in the sky. These men studied the stars and they knew this was a very special star. They studied their scrolls where it was said that whenever a bright new star appeared it meant that a great ruler had been born. The Wise Men decided to find this new ruler.
King Herod:  Wise men, Wise men come to me.
Wise men 1, 2, 3:  What is it my Lord?
King Herod:  Do you know something about the special Baby?
Wise man 1: Yes, my Lord we have seen the star!
King Herod:  Go and find this child.  As soon as you find him, tell me, so I can go and worship him.
(After they had spoken to the King, the wise men left to find the baby)
Wise man 2:  How are we to find this baby? We don't know exactly where this baby is.
Wise man 3:  This is what we will do, at night we'll follow the star to the east.
Wise man 1:  Yes, that's a great idea and soon we will find him.
(Angels appeared to the Wise men)
Angel 1:  Please find this baby, but don't tell the King.
Angel 2:  As he wants to kill him.
Wise men 1, 2, 3:  Yes we shall do what you ask of us.
(The Angels disappeared)
Narrator: The wise men set off to find the baby. They were guided by the star to the stable in Bethlehem.
Wise man 2:  Look, we are here.
(The Wise men were very excited and happy. They found Jesus laying in Mary's arms, and they bowed down and worshipped him.)
Wise man 1:  We have come to worship our New King.
Wise man 3:  We have brought gifts for our King.
Wise man 1:  I have brought GOLD for My King.
Wise man 2:  I have brought FRANKINCENSE for My King.
Wise man 3:  And I have brought MYRRH for My King.
Mary:  Thank you bringing these gifts for Jesus.
Joseph:  How can we ever thank you.
Narrator: That night, the men had the same dream where an angel warned them that King Herod wanted to kill Jesus and told them not to go back to his palace. The Wise Men went back to their own country without calling to see Herod. Soon after Joseph had a dream.
Angel:  Joseph, Joseph wake up!
Joseph:  Yes, what is wrong?
Angel:  Take Jesus and Mary and run away to Egypt. King Herod is going to search for Jesus to kill him.
Joseph:  Mary wake up. We must leave now.
Mary:  Why must we leave?
Joseph:  We must travel to Egypt, as the King has sent someone to kill Jesus.
Narrator: They left Bethlehem right away. When the wise men didn’t return, Herod ordered to kill all the baby boys in Bethlehem. They did not find Jesus as he was safe.











Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар